Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
American Express is offering a decent Eurostar discount in the form of a £20 statement credit for spending £60+.
You need to save the the offer to your card and complete your purchase by 07/08/2017.
How to register for the Eurostar discount
If you have an American Express card issued directly by American Express (Gold/Platinum, SPG, BA/BAPP etc), login to your American Express online account, click on the “offers” tab and then click on “save to card” when you see the Eurostar discount.
If the offer isn’t on your account yet, I’d wait a couple of days because it can take a while for Amex to add them sometimes, and then if it still isn’t there I would send a quick message asking if they could register you.
I can’t see the offer on the Amex Connect site yet (where you can register Amex cards that aren’t actually issued by American Express – like the MBNA issued American Airlines card etc), but keep an eye out as it might well pop up on there soon.
If you’re going to be spending £60 or more booking Eurostar tickets anyway, then obviously yes!
The thing I really like about American Express statement credit offers is that the discount comes after you’ve been charged, so can be stacked with any other sort of discount or cashback available.
Other travel offers from Amex
The £10 off £50 Heathrow Express offer I highlighted back in April is still running until 23rd July 2017.
£50 off £200 spend Amex Travel offer ends on Friday (30th June 2017).
I can also currently see the following on my account:
- 2% back on Airbnb stays
- £50 off £250 with Hyatt
- 10% back with Monarch Airlines
- 2% back with Trainline.com
- 5% back with P&O Ferries
- 10% back when spending £600+ with Neilson Active Holidays
I like using the Eurostar when travelling to Paris (or Disneyland!), so it’s definitely nice to see a return of the Eurostar discount from American Express.
- Available in-store and online at www.eurostar.com/uk-en.
- Only one credit per UK Card.
- Offer only applies to spend made in Great British Pound (GBP) on the Card to which the offer is saved, including an American Express Card loaded into a mobile payment wallet.
- Offer does not apply to spend on other Cards you might hold and is not valid for transactions made using Payment Aggregators including, but not limited to, PayPal.
- An awarded credit may be reversed if qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 07/08/2017.
- For full Offer Terms and more details about statement credits click here.
- By saving the offer to your Card, you agree to the Offer Terms.