Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
For several years now, American Express has presented offers to their cardholders via their online portal. Many of these are travel related and genuinely decent deals if they happen to match with your travel plans.
There has been a new emphasis on this feature recently, with an increased number of offers being presented. I have an American Express gold card which they promote as an ideal card for travellers, so it is unsurprising that around half of my offers are travel related.
Given the abundance of offers that are now being presented, it’s easy to miss new ones coming on, or indeed ones that are close to expiry that have been forgotten. To help with this, I’ll be running an update of this posting on a twice-monthly basis, featuring all the travel related offers that are on my account. My hope is that it’ll be a useful reminder to look at your offers. Remember that although you will have many of the same offers, Amex does a certain amount of targeting, so your list of offers is unlikely to be identical to mine.
(I have also flagged where offers are available to all Amex cardholders on the Amex Connect site.)
How It Works
You’ll need to log into your American Express online account and click on the “offers” tab to see which offers you have. The mechanics of the offers vary. Most offers require you to “save” the offer to your card. Others involve going to a particular webpage, and others again require the use of a promo code.
My American Express travel related offers, week Beginning 10th Oct 2016
(newest additions first)
- GLH Hotels (think Thistle hotels) – Spend £100 get £50 back. Expires 23/12/2016
- Neilson Active Holidays – Spend £800 get £100 back. Expires 31/12/2016 (Available to all Amex cardholders)
- Transport for London:- 10 MR points per £2 spent, max 1000 points. Expires 06/11/16
- Uber:- Get £10 off your first two rides. Expires 31/10/16
- Heathrow Express:- Spend £50 get £10 back. Expires 11/12/16 (Available to all Amex cardholders)
- Eurostar:- Spend £60, get £20 back. Expires 16/10/16
- Sofitel Mgallery And Pullman Hotels:- Spend £250 get £30 back. Expires 21/10/16
- Rocco Forte Hotels:- Spend £400, Get £100 back. Expires 30/10/16
- Small Luxury hotels Of The World:- Spend £150 get £25 back. Expires 10/03/17
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels:- Spend £550 get £100 back. Expires 06/12/16
You definitely should dip into your online account regularly to see what new offers have hit your account. It only takes a few minutes to potentially find a discount for something you were going to book anyway.