Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Headforpoints recently pointed out that Iberia Plus is running a little-publicised offer giving you up to quadruple Avios on stays at the Hilton up to 31 August, 2016. It is now live and open for registration.
To benefit from this Avios points bonus, your Hilton HHonors account needs to be set to ‘Points and Miles’, earning miles with Iberia (i.e. Avios). The promo then works as follows:
- You get double Avios on your first stay before 31 August
- You then get triple Avios on your second stay befire 31 August
- You then get quadruple Avios on your third stay before 31 August
Now, in terms of your options and the maths, bear with us…
The double Hilton Points offer will double your base Hilton points of 10 per $1 spent, whether you choose ‘Points and Points’ (10 base points plus 5 bonus points per $1 spent) or ‘points and miles’ (10 base points plus, generally speaking, 1 mile per $1 spent (although Iberia Plus is actually 1.5 miles per $1 spent)).
As has happened with similar offers in the past, it seems likely that the Iberia Plus bonus Avios offer will stack with the Hilton double points offer, so you need to decide whether you want:
- Points and Points: (Definitely) giving you 20 Hilton HHonors points plus 5 bonus points per $1 spent
- Points and Miles: (Probably) giving you 20 Hilton HHonors points plus 3/4.5/6 Avios per $1 spent
Bearing in mind that the Points and Miles version may only credit as 10 Hilton HHonors points plus 3/4.5/6 Avios per $1 spent.
If you don’t have an account with Iberia Plus, you can open one here and then transfer your Avios to British Airways Executive Club or Avios.com using the Combine My Avios function. However, you can only do this when your Iberia Plus account is at least 90 days old.
Want instant Hilton HHonors Gold status, for free? Click here!