Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Last year, we wrote a comprehensive guide to SPG Hot Escapes, and we think it’s about time we reminded you of this option, which regularly offers some good (sometimes great) value at Starwood hotels.
Every week by 11.00 am GMT on Wednesdays, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates worldwide. You can then book up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you also get a further 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that SPG is free to join, there’s no reason to not benefit from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. There’s 12 European properties included, as follows:
- Aloft Stuttgart at £57 (save 31%)
- Sofia Hotel Balkan at £53 (save 28%)
- Sheraton Brussels at £63 (save 22%)
- Hotel President Wilson, Geneva at £217 (save 22%)
- Aloft Brussels Schuman at £38 (save 22%)
- Sheraton Krakow at £56 (save 21%)
- Le Meridien Etoile (Paris) at £101 (save 20%)
- Sheraton Cascais Resort (Portugal) at £75 (save 20%)
- Sheraton Paris Airport at £95 (save 20%)
- Sheraton Grand, Edinburgh at £106 (save 20%)
- W London at £182 (save 20%)
- Aloft London Excel at £60 (save 20%)
The countries featured varies week-by-week, but the largest number of deals today are in the US, with 26 properties reduced.
If you’re after a relatively last minute bargain, you can do a lot worse than SPG Hot Escapes. Certainly it is one of the range of options I will review before proceeding with any hotel booking.