Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
We have previously sung the praises of Lufthansa’s monthly “Mileage Bargains” offer, which let’s you redeem your Lufthansa Miles&More loyalty miles at roughly half the usual redemption rates.
This month (December) offers a decent selection of destinations from the UK, including some good Far East options. Perhaps the pick are Bangkok and Seoul, which both require 70,000 miles in Business Class, rather than the standard 135,000.
In both cases, you can depart from any of Birmingham, Edinburgh, London – City, London – Heathrow and Manchester.
The full range of Business Class options from the UK this month are:
- Abuja (was 70k now 40k miles)
- Beijing (was 135k now 70k miles)
- Boston (was 105k now 55k miles)
- Charlotte (was 105k now 55k miles)
- Dallas/Fort Worth (was 105k now 55k miles)
- Lagos (was 70k now 40k miles)
- Malabo (was 70k now 40k miles)
- Port Harcourt (was 70k now 40k miles)
- Qingdao (was 135k now 70k miles)
- Seoul (was 135k now 70k miles)
- Shenyang (was 135k now 70k miles)
- Washington (was 105k now 55k miles)
It’s also worth having a look at some of the Economy short haul options offered this month by Miles&More partners Lot, Austrian and Swiss: all of which are pricing at 10,000 miles, rather than 30,000.
Mileage Bargains are particularly attractive given the notoriously heavy taxes Lufthansa imposes on its reward flights: when you’re using half the miles you would otherwise expect to use, this is much easier to swallow.
Check your particular flight, but in the majority of cases you need to book by 31 December 2015, and fly between 1 April and 15 May 2016. The timescales for the Economy 10k flights noted above are considerably tighter, giving you until mid-Jan at best to fly.
Finally, don’t forget that every day of Advent we are offering some great prizes in our InsideFlyer Advent calendar – just click here to enter.