Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) quarterly PointBreaks require a mere 5000 IHG Rewards Club points per night, and are widely regarded as one of the very best value “miles and points” redemption options available.
The global list of participating hotels is here. It’s rarely the most glamorous list of hotels, but for 5000 points a night it remains a great deal.
Clearly, if you’re not already a member of IHG Rewards Club, then this offer won’t be much use to you. However, you can join here and then participate in future Pointbreaks, should you have racked up enough points.
Elsewhere, it’s always worth pointing out what excellent value can be found by making a points redemption at Starwood hotels’ Category 1 or 2 hotels (i.e. their “lower end” hotels).
The full Starwood points redemption chart is as follows:
As you can see, there is a substantial jump from Category 1/2 hotels to Category 3 hotels. In fact, you can stay at Category 1/2 hotels and barely make a dent in your Starpoints balance. As you can see, you’ll also save an additional 1000 Starpoints if you stay at the weekend (Friday or Saturday night).
So where are these hotels?
All current Category 1 hotels are listed here. European options are:
- Four Points by Sheraton Kecskemet Hotel & Conference Center, Hungary
- Aloft Bursa Hotel, Turkey
- Sheraton Athlone Hotel, Ireland
- Four Points by Sheraton Zaporozhye, Ukraine
- Sheraton Catania Hotel & Conference Center, Italy
All current Category 2 hotels are listed here. European options are:
- Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn, Austria
- Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, Croatia
- Sheraton Munich Airport Hotel, Germany
- Sheraton Padova Hotel & Conference Center, Italy
- Sheraton Roma Hotel & Conference Center
- Sheraton Poznan Hotel, Poland
- The Westin Warsaw, Poland
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort Canary Isles, Spain
- Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort, Spain
- Aloft Liverpool, UK
- Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, UK
- Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Sofia, Bulgaria
- The Westin Zagreb, Croatia
- Four Points by Sheraton Bolzano, Italy
- Le Méridien Vilnius, Lithuania
- Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons, Slovenia
- Sheraton Adana Hotel, Turkey
- Sheraton Bursa Hotel, Turkey
If you’re not currently a member of Starwood Hotels’ Starwood Preferred Guest scheme, but wish to join to take advantage of these redemption options in future, you can join for free, here.