Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
I am frequently asked what the best value hotel points redemption options are. Two obvious answers are IHG PointBreaks, which arrive with a fanfare every few months, and SPG Category 1/2 weekend stays, which can be extremely good value.
However, Hilton can easily challenge both of these excellent redemption options, with their own Category 1 hotel redemptions. Hilton Category 1 is a collection of 50 Hilton-brand hotels worldwide where you can get a reward night for just 5,000 Hilton HHonors points.
There’s no time limit or other restrictions on these redemptions, save the standard rules on the rooms being subject to reward availability. Year-round, you can get a night at any of the Hilton Category 1 hotels for a wonderfully low 5,000 HHonors points.
So where are these hotels?
The full list is available here, and you can narrow it down by country (or US state). Some highlights include:
- Hampton by Hilton Krakow, Poland (cash price on random date of 14 June, 2016: £50)
- Hampton by Hilton Newport East, UK (cash price on 14 June: £89)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cleburne, USA (cash price on 14 June: US$89)
- Hampton Inn, Columbus Airport, USA (cash price on 14 June: US$79)
- Hilton Garden Inn, Trabzon, Turkey (cash price on 14 June: £76)
- Hilton Garden Inn Rzeszow, Poland (cash price on 14 June: £46)
- Hilton Salalah Resort, Oman (cash price on 14 June: £87)
Bear in mind that Hilton Gold members (get fast-track here) will get breakfast for free, so you’re getting a night and breakfast for the 5,000 points. Plus, a lot of the Category 1 hotels are Hampton by Hiltons, which include free breakfast for everyone, even on reward stays.
A night in a Hilton, with breakfast, for 5,000 Hilton HHonors points? That really is value.