Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Aegean Airlines’ Miles+Bonus programme has long been a popular choice among Star Alliance frequent flyers – and for good reason. It’s known for its relatively easy path to achieving Star Alliance Gold status, which comes with a range of benefits and privileges that make travelling even more enjoyable.
One of the major attractions of the airline alliance system is that you can earn your status with one airline, yet enjoy the benefits while flying another. So, you might be a regular traveller on United or Lufthansa or Avianca, but decide to credit your flights to Miles + Bonus for the easiest route to Star Alliance Gold.
- Airport lounge access
- Priority boarding
- Priority check-in at Business Class desks
- Fast track security
- Extra baggage allowance
- Priority baggage handling
Reaching Gold status with Miles + Bonus – equivalent to Star Alliance Gold – is a two-stage process.
First, you must earn Silver status. Silver status can be reached via two different methods:
- Earn 24,000 Tier miles on ANY Star Alliance airline
- Earn 12,000 Tier miles on any Star Alliance airline AS LONG AS you have flown TWICE on Aegean or Olympic Air
You have a rolling 12-months to collect the required number of miles.
Once you reach Silver status, a new 12-month period will immediately begin. To upgrade your status to Gold, you must:
- Earn 48,000 Tier miles on ANY Star Alliance airline
- Earn 24,000 Tier miles on any Star Alliance airline AS LONG AS you have flown FOUR times on Aegean or Olympic Air
Once you reach Gold status, your 12-month renewal period begins immediately. To retain your Gold status, you are required to complete:
- 24,000 Tier miles on ANY Star Alliance airline
- 12,000 Tier miles on any Star Alliance airline AS LONG AS you have flown FOUR times on Aegean or Olympic Air
What is Changing?
Starting on 1st June 2023, the mileage needed will change – but only for those who do NOT fly 2/4 times on Aegean or Olympic Air.
- Silver will require 35,000 Tier miles on any Star Alliance airline – both for earning and for renewing
- Gold will require 70,000 Tier miles on any Star Alliance airline – both for earning and renewing
If you are looking to earn or renew status with Aegean, make sure you understand the rules and remember to include the necessary Aegean/Olympic flights, or you might have to do an awful lot more flying than you thought!
Are you a Miles + Bonus elite status member? Let us know your thoughts of this change in the comments section below…