Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
IHG Rewards Club has released a new update for guests and members in response to coronavirus.
The key changes are summarised below:
Cancellation Policy & Booking Flexibly
“Most of our members and guests simply cannot travel right now and our goal is to offer you flexibility for the plans you already had in place, as well as plans you may want to make for the future:
We have updated our cancellation policy for existing bookings (bookings made through 6 April) which can now be changed or cancelled for stays through 30 June 2020.
If you are looking ahead, we want to give you the confidence and flexibility to book with IHG. Our new Book Now, Pay Later rate offers both flexibility and savings – including no deposit and cancellations up to 24 hours before your stay, meaning travel planning is commitment free. Read all about this and our other flexible rates here.”
IHG Rewards Club Update
“We are committed to supporting our members to manage their loyalty activity:
- Last month we announced we have reduced the Elite membership criteria required (nights or points) this year.
- We also want to remind you of a unique benefit of our programme – points never expire for all members with Elite status (Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, and Spire Elite).
- For Club members points only expire after 12 months of inactivity. So, for members with points due to expire from 1 April we are extending the expiration date to 31 December 2020.”
Anniversary night certificates earned through IHG Rewards Club credit cards (USA & UK)
- “We are extending the expiration date of anniversary certificates that are set to expire in 2020.
- Certificates expiring from 1 March 2020 can now be used through 31 December 2020.
- We will be reaching out to cardmembers directly with more information.”