Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
We regularly cover Singapore Airlines’ monthly ‘Spontaneous Escapes’ promotions. Essentially, these are time limited promos that knock big chunks off the number of miles required for a variety of Singapore Airlines award redemptions, which can lead to some fantastic bargains – and the list this month might be the best ever!
The current offer is for selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights booked by 31st January 2020. Choose from any of the flights listed here and travel between 1st-29th February 2020 (though watch out for ‘blackout dates’ on some routes).
This list this time is AMAZING. You can get 51% off awards between Singapore and destination in Europe, Middle East, Africa, USA, Australia and more!
Here are just some of the Business Class highlights:
- Singapore to Barcelona: 45,080 miles
- Singapore to Dusseldorf: 45,080 miles
- Singapore to Frankfurt: 45,080 miles
- Singapore to Milan: 45,080 miles
- Singapore to Paris: 45,080 miles
- Singapore to Rome: 45,080 miles
Middle East / Africa
- Singapore to Male: 19,110 miles
- Singapore to Dubai: 24,010 miles
- Singapore to Johannesburg: 24,010 miles (that is just short of 11 hours flying!)
- Singapore to San Francisco: 46,550 miles
- San Francisco to Hong Kong: 43,610 miles
- Singapore to Adelaide: 30,380 miles
- Singapore to Brisbane: 30,380 miles
In addition, there are also some potentially interesting Economy redemptions to/from the UK and the USA too:
To find the discounted rates, just log into your KrisFlyer account and search for award flights like normal. You’ll actually see the standard pricing to begin with when searching. The discount only shows up when you select a flight.
There are no ‘surcharges’ when redeeming KrisFlyer Miles on Singapore or SilkAir flights, so the taxes/fees are relatively reasonable.
How to get KrisFlyer Miles
By far the easiest and best value way to accumulate KrisFlyer Miles in the UK is to transfer over American Express Membership Rewards Points at a 1:1 rate. Note that KrisFlyer Miles expire after 3 years regardless of account activity, so do bear that in mind when considering whether to start collecting them.
Transfers from Amex to KrisFlyer are usually completed within 24 hours, but can take up to 3 working days.