Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
American Express cardholders can currently bag a £50 rebate when spending £200+ with Amex Travel by 28th February 2020.
Remember that you have to login and save the offer to your card in order to take advantage. I’ve got the offer on my Amex Gold, but imagine it will crop up on other cards too.
According to the terms, the offer is “valid on pre-paid hotel, flight, car hire or experiences booked online at travel.americanexpress.co.uk”... Cruise booking and hotels booked through the Fine Hotel and Resort and The Hotel Collection are not eligible.”
It is also useful to note that the £200+ you have to spend is cumulative – it doesn’t have to all be done in one transaction.
If you spend exactly £200, Amex is effectively providing a 25% rebate. For hotel bookings, you might still prefer to stick with booking direct with Hilton/Marriott/IHG/etc in order to enjoy status benefits and earn points, but for flight bookings this is a great offer!
- Offer valid on cumulative spend made during the offer period.
- Payment must be made in GBP only, the use of Membership Reward Points for full or part payment is not valid.
- Offer only valid on pre-paid hotel, flight, car hire or experiences booked online at travel.americanexpress.co.uk.
- Cruise booking and hotels booked through the Fine Hotel and Resort and The Hotel Collection are not eligible.
- This offer only applies to content available to book on the American Express UK Travel website. Certain airlines and airports may not be featured due to online security measures.
- Spend must be billed to your Card account by 28/2/2020, to be eligible for this offer. If American Express Travel does not charge your Card during this period, e.g. because of a delay in dispatching your goods, you may not be eligible for this offer.
- Book and pay by the offer end date.
- Available online at travel.americanexpress.co.uk.
- Only one credit per UK Card.
- Offer only applies to spend made in Great British Pound (GBP) on the Card to which the offer is saved, including an American Express Card loaded into a mobile payment wallet.
- Offer does not apply to spend on other Cards you might hold and is not valid for transactions made using Payment Aggregators.
- An awarded credit may be reversed if a qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled. Any misuse, as reasonably determined by us, relating to your redemption of Amex Offers may result in an awarded credit being reversed, and ineligibility from future Amex Offers and other promotions. This reversal may take place up to a maximum of 180 days after the offer campaign end date. Please note that if an awarded credit is reversed after you have paid your bill you may be returned to a negative balance.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 28/2/2020.
- For full Offer Terms and more details about statement credits click here.
- By saving the offer to your Card, you agree to the Offer Terms.