Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Radisson Rewards is currently running an interesting promotion – offering a 20% rebate on all stays booked with points.
” Our member exclusive event isn’t over yet: Now through November 20, 2019 members get 20% back on all Free Award Night redemptions! Redeem your points today at any of our more than 1,100 hotels worldwide.
Qualifying stays must be booked by November 20, 2019, and stays must be completed November 22, 2019 through March 31, 2020.”
As you can see, you need to book by next Wednesday to take advantage, but your stay can be any time up until the end of March 2020. There is no need to register.
Note that although the Radisson site advertises the promotion as “20% off”, in reality it’s a 20% rebate that you might have to wait up to “30 business days” to receive.
Definitely – if you have an existing Radisson Rewards Points balance.
Radisson Rewards charges 70,000 points for its top-tier hotels and many of them (particularly in London – Plaza on the River, Park Plaza Westminster, The May Fair, etc) are well worth it. The 20% rebate brings that down to 56,000 Radisson Points per night, which is excellent for a 5* in an expensive city. As Joe has written before, upgrading a Radisson Points stay using cash can lead to some even greater bargains.
The only problem here is that a lot of people won’t have any/many Radisson Points in their account and the offer only runs for a week. You could try to transfer Amex Membership Rewards Points (at a decent 1:3 rate), but doing so usually takes 8-11 days, so that’s unlikely to be a sensible option.
Similarly, buying points is likely to be prohibitively expensive.
This is a good offer (and one I hope to take advantage of myself!), but the fact it only lasts a week means that a lot of people won’t be able to benefit.
Are you going to make a Radisson redemption this week?
By participating in the Member Exclusive Event limited-time offer (“Promotion”), you acknowledge, and you agree to these Terms and Conditions. To be eligible for the Promotion, Radisson Rewards Members must complete all transactions during the pre-determined redemption periods (see below). All discounts will be awarded back to the member as a rebate after the fulfillment of the redemption (e.g. gift card or prepaid card is sent to the member; airline miles have been deposited into the member’s frequent flyer account; Free Award Night stay is consumed).
(Week 3) 11/14 – 11/20: Free Award Night redemption discount Booking Period:
- All reservations must be booked using Radisson Rewards points (redemptions) between November 14, 2019 – November 20, 2019 (“Booking Period”) at www.radissonhotels.com, there are no category restrictions. Eligible Stay(s) (redemption reservations) must be completed November 22, 2019 through March 31, 2020 (“Stay Period”).
- Any adjustments to Eligible Stays made after the Booking Period will be ineligible to earn the discount.
- Members must have the full amount of points in their account at the time of purchase. Members will receive a rebate of 20% of the points redeemed within 30 business days after the member has completed their stay (Example: If a member redeems 28,000 points the member will receive a rebate of 5,600 points to their account).
- Points + Cash redemption stays, and in-hotel Express Awards are NOT eligible for this Promotion.
- Radisson Rewards members may redeem points for Award Nights at Participating Properties, subject to availability. Award Night reservations must be made in advance, and must be made through the RadissonHotels.com, the Radisson Rewards mobile app, the Radisson Hotels mobile app, or through Radisson Hotel Group’s reservation center. Award Nights may not be combined with other certificates, discounts, packages or promotional offers and are not commissionable, including without limitation commissions to travel agents. Award Nights apply to all Standard, Premium and Family room types. Additional occupants are subject to the Participating Property’s standard extra person charges. Award Nights are subject to each Participating Property’s cancellation, guarantee and deposit policies. Points equal to one night of an Award Night reservation will be deducted from your account if your reservation is not canceled in accordance with the Participating Property’s cancellation policy. Any incidental charges in connection with an Award Night are the sole responsibility of the member.
Promotion is subject to the complete Radisson Rewards Terms and Conditions. Radisson Rewards reserves the right to add, modify, or discontinue Promotion without notice. Radisson Rewards is not responsible for any technical failures/interruptions, internet accessibility problems, incomplete or inaccurate registration information, or other errors of any kind that may affect your registration for this Promotion. This Promotion is not valid on previous reservations. Other exclusions may apply. Void where prohibited by law.