Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Northern Rail is currently running a borderline crazy flash sale, offering train tickets on routes across its network for just 10p! Child tickets are available for just 5p each…
Travel dates have to be between 1st-30th September (inclusive).
It’s slightly unclear in the sale’s terms how long it will last, but I would imagine it’s simply until the 80,000 “Qualifying Tickets” have been snapped up. Regardless, I would advise booking asap.
There are lots of routes available, including many popular ones:
As of late last night, availability on the routes I looked at was surprisingly good. You’re unlikely to find prime routes during rush hour selling for 10p, but if you’re flexible, there are lots of bargains to be had:
This may not be the most glamorous deal that’s ever been covered on InsideFlyer, but hopefully it can save you some cash!
What’s the best deal you’ve managed to find in the Northern Rail Flash Sale?
- The promoter of this promotion is Arriva Rail North limited (trading as Northern) of Northern House, 9 Rougier St, York YO1 6HZ (the “Promoter”).
- The “Promotional Routes” means any of the Promoter’s rail services available to view at https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/sale.
- The “Start Date” shall mean the 19th August 2019.
- A “Qualifying Ticket” means any single adult or child Standard Advance Ticket purchased online (https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/or via the Promoter’s mobile phone application (https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/travel/free-mobile-app) on or after the Start Date that is valid for travel between 1st and 30th September 2019 (inclusive) on the Promotional Routes.
- For the avoidance of doubt a return ticket does not constitute a Qualifying Ticket.
- The price of a Qualifying Ticket shall be:
a. 10p per adult Qualifying Ticket; and
b. 5p per child Qualifying Ticket (where a child is aged 5 to 15 years).
- Over 80,000 Qualifying Tickets will be made available to purchase from the Start Date.
- Up to two children under the age of 5 years may travel free with each adult that holds a Qualifying Ticket.
- All purchases of Qualifying Tickets are subject to the Promoter’s terms and conditions available to view at https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/legal/conditions-of-travel and https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/legal/booking-service-terms-and-conditions
- Qualifying Tickets must be purchased in advance of travel and are only available while stocks last.
- A Qualifying Ticket cannot be purchased in conjunction with a Railcard.
- A Qualifying Ticket is valid for travel ONLY on the date and service stated on the ticket and passengers must travel in the Class and reserved seat (if applicable) shown on the ticket.
- Passengers may not start, break and resume, or end their journey at any intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on their Qualifying Ticket or other valid travel itinerary
- Qualifying Tickets are non-refundable.
- The National Rail Conditions of Travel apply for travel on all of the Promoter’s rail services. A copy of the National Rail Conditions of Travel is available at https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/46427.aspx