Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
United MileagePlus has just released another batch of its regular personalised bonus miles offers – ‘Mile Play’. These promos are a great reason to sign up to MileagePlus (and to keep an eye on your email spam folder!).
The bonuses vary, but the basic idea is that there are various spending thresholds and you get more Miles for spending more. What is interesting is that the spend thresholds can actually be quite low, for example here’s one of my previous offers:
$350 is currently worth about £275 and I value 9,900 united Miles at roughly £150, so these offers can provide a very substantial rebate.
That said, it’s very important to carefully check the terms and conditions of your personalised offer. In the case of my offer above there were two limitations:
- The “fare” is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges
- Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
Even with those caveats, this is the sort of deal that could certainly persuade me to book with United rather than another airline, assuming the fare wan’t too different from the competition.
If you’re wondering whether United Miles are any good, the answer is yes, but they do require a bit of studying to really get the most out of them.
Signing up to United MileagePlus only takes 30 seconds and you might receive a great bonus offer for your next paid flight/s.
Have you taken advantage of these bonus offers before?
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
• Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.
• Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member’s MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
• Bonus miles will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on August 4, 2019.
• Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on August 4, 2019.
• If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur such that the offer requirements are not satisfied, applicable miles will not be awarded or will be deducted from the MileagePlus member account.
• All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United in its discretion and are considered final.
• Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
• Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. See additional MileagePlus rules and conditions.