Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Alaska Mileage Plan is back with another Flash Sale – this time offering 30% off purchases of 10,000+ miles.
Soak up a 30% discount.
That summer escape you’ve been dreaming of? It could be yours in a flash. Right now, you’ll land a 30% discount when you buy miles. Don’t wait—offer ends June 30.
If you max out the promo and buy 60,000 miles, you’ll pay ~£980 ($1,241.63):
That works out at about 1.633p per mile. The cheapest that I can remember Alaska Miles being on sale for is ~1.58p per mile, so this is slightly more expensive.
I wouldn’t be tempted to buy speculatively at these prices, but if you have a high-value use for Alaska Miles in mind (there are lots), it could make sense to take advantage – just make sure the award space you want is available first!
If you are in the market for Alaska Miles, this is almost as good a price as they are ever sold for directly, so you might want to have a think about buying this week while the Flash Sale is on. Unless you have an immediate use in mind though, I wouldn’t be in too much of a rush – I’m sure we’ll see similar sales again soon.
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST June 24, 2019 and 11:59 PM PST June 30, 2019 to be eligible for the discount.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
- Your Mileage Plan account may be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com. Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc. Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.