Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Marriott Bonvoy has brought back the popular ‘Stay 2 Get 1 Free Night’ offer for new members.
The key terms are extremely simple:
- Make two paid stays between 13th March 2019 and 19th July 2019 at participating hotels during your earning period to receive a Free Night Award (worth up to 25,000 points).
Note that you can’t just make two different bookings for consecutive nights at the same hotel – it has to be two separate stays. The other things to be aware of are that Points stays don’t count (you have to pay cash) and that you must sign up to Marriott Bonvoy using this specific page here.
What’s the ‘Free Night’ worth?
If you sign up and complete the required stays, you’ll earn a Free Night Certificate that can be used for any Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel costing up to 25,000 Points per night. The Certificate is valid for a year.
There are plenty of eligible hotels in the UK and hundreds in Europe and other parts of the world that require 25,000 Points or fewer, so these Certificates are certainly worth having. UK options are available in cities like Birmingham, Leeds, Cambridge, Glasgow, Durham, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, etc, as well as a few airport hotels (including Heathrow and Gatwick).
If used sensibly, I’d say these Certificates are worth at least £100. You could potentially get much more value from them by redeeming on busy dates.
It’s good to see Marriott is still offering these Free Night Certificates for new members. That said, it may take something rather more dramatic to win back the affection of many existing members, as a result of the bungled SPG takeover…
- This promotion is valid only for new members of the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- Existing Marriott Bonvoy members are not eligible.
- Make two paid stays between 3/13/2019 and 7/29/2019 at participating hotels during your earning period to receive a Free Night Award (worth up to 25,000 points)
- For a list of current Marriott Bonvoy participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.
- Please note that this is an electronic award and will be automatically deposited into your Member account after completing two qualifying paid stays.
- Award must be redeemed within one year from the date of issue.
- You may use additional points to upgrade your room type, subject to availability.
- Award is valid only in connection with individual travel and is not applicable to group travel, package tours, conventions or other special rates or package programs.
- Award may be used to pay for the expense of your room and related room taxes only.
- The Award may not be used to pay for food, beverages, service charges, resort fees, other taxes or other incidental expenses.
- You will not earn points for room charges or room tax covered by the Award.
- The Award is good for one night, for one room only, at Marriott Bonvoy participating hotels and counts toward Elite-level membership for the room the member personally occupies.
- See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#earn for more information.
- Award must be used by the member.
- Award cannot be extended past expiration date or re-credited for points.
- The Award is nontransferable and has no cash value.
- All reservations are subject to Marriott Bonvoy redemption availability.
- To verify your Free Night Award or other account information online, log in to your account at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty.mi.