Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Regular readers will know that each month the frequent flyer scheme for Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss etc – Miles & More – offers Mileage Bargains. I cover them once in awhile – sometimes there are some interesting destinations included, sometimes they are not so interesting.
These Mileage Bargains are essentially heavily discounted award tickets in Economy and Business Class to certain destinations. Because of the relatively high taxes and surcharges on Economy redemptions, I will only look at Business Class options from the UK. Miles & More long-haul redemptions include your feeder leg to Frankfurt or Munich.
This month, the list is excellent. The stand-out bargains are Los Angeles for only 55,000 miles and Rio for 70,000 miles RETURN in Business Class!
Miles & More Mileage Bargains Promotion April 2018
Book between 3 and 30 April 2018, travel between 1 August and 15 September 2018
Book on the dedicated offer page here
Business Class return flights for 70,000 Miles & More points (usually 135,000 points!):
- London Heathrow to Rio de Janeiro, Nanjing, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong
- Manchester to Rio de Janeiro, Nanjing, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong
- Birmingham to Rio de Janeiro, Nanjing, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong
- Edinburgh to Rio de Janeiro, Nanjing, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong
Business Class return flights for 55,000 Miles & More points (usually 105,000 points!):
- London Heathrow to LA, New York-Newark, Detroit, Dallas, Delhi, Mumbai
- Manchester to LA, New York-Newark, Detroit, Delhi, Mumbai
- Birmingham to LA, New York-Newark, Detroit, Dallas, Delhi, Mumbai
Business Class return flights for 40,000 Miles & More points (usually 70,000 points!):
- London Heathrow to Dubai
- Manchester to Dubai
There are some interesting destinations up for grabs this month. I’d argue that the stand-out bargains are 55,000 miles to LA because such high-demand destinations are hardly ever discounted. 40,000 miles to Dubai and 70,000 miles to Rio are also intriguing. Yes, you will still pay a ludicrous 4xx-5xx GBP in taxes and surcharges.
If you’d rather not spend 500+ GBP on taxes and surcharges, check out this post here for ideas on how to save cash on Miles & More redemptions.