Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
British Airways Executive Club is currently offering a 50% bonus when purchasing Avios. The offer runs until 8th May 2018 and you can buy for yourself or as a gift for others.
You can purchase or receive a maximum of 200,000 Avios, not including the bonus, per calendar year.
It’s not a great deal, but if you want to get your hands on a large amount of Avios quickly and easily, it’s certainly not a terrible offer either.
If you bought the maximum 200,000 (+ 100,000 bonus), you’d pay £3,215 for 300,000, which is 1.071p per Avios. I value Avios at roughly 1p each, so it’s about par. I’m not (at all) tempted to make a speculative purchase personally, but if you have a specific high value redemption in mind, there’s no doubt you could save money by taking advantage.
It’s worth pointing out that although you can regularly buy small amounts of Avios for considerably less, the opportunity to buy such a large quantity quickly and easily could be appealing.
I’m not a buyer at this price, but it’s worth running the numbers for your own circumstances to see if you can save some money.
Don’t forget about the excellent 35% discount on SPG Starpoints – you might find you can save more on your flights by buying there and transferring to other airline programmes rather than BA Executive Club.
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 or over and is a British Airways Executive Club (‘BAEC’) Member. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
- Between 00:01 hr BST Monday 23 April and 23:59 hr BST Tuesday 8 May 2018 (the ‘Promotional Period’) Eligible Participants will receive 50% Avios bonus upon any Purchase or Gift Avios transaction.
- Avios points can only be purchased on Ba.com using the Purchase Avios points Application Form
- Eligible Participants may Gift Avios (purchase for someone else) during the promotional period, provided that the recipient holds or opens a British Airways Executive Club account and the recipient’s BAEC membership number is entered at the time of purchase. Members can receive up to 200,000 gifted Avios. The recipient will receive 50% bonus Avios.
- Eligible Participants may not exceed their annual 200,000 Avios limit. Bonus Avios do not count towards your annual limit.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions.
- British Airways plc (‘BA’) accepts no responsibility for members who are unable to fulfil the terms of this promotion. BA may withdraw this offer at any time.
- This promotion has no cash value and no cash or credit alternative is available. Purchased Avios are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Avios are issued and redeemed in accordance with the British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
- BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion without notice in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar events beyond the reasonable control of BA.
- By taking part in this promotion, participants agree to the personal data they supply being used by BA or its agents or subcontractors to administer this promotion, who will only use the information provided for the purpose of administering the promotion.
- Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
- BA is in no way liable for the reproduction of this promotion or indirect access via third party websites of these terms and conditions where such reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with this promotion.
- This promotion and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777