Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Fancy a $40 (~£30) Booking.com credit (off $80 spend)? All you have to do is follow the steps below…
First, if you don’t already have an account with Booking.com, sign up here and you can get £15 back with your first stay of £30+. Note that this doesn’t stack with the $40 offer – you have to use them one at a time. The £15 signup bonus only applies to your first booking, while the other offer can be used any time, so if you’re making a number of different bookings it makes sense to start with the £15 offer first.
Next, click through using this specific link here. You should see a page like the one below:
At the bottom of the page there should a be pop up bar like this:
Then, all you have to do is go ahead and book as normal!
Booking.com promotions are a bit odd, in that rather than discounting the amount charged before you pay, they ask you to pay the full amount and then refund whatever the promotion offered back to your card later. Strange, but it seems to work out ok.
I would recommend taking screenshots as you book though (particularly the final booking page before you pay, as below), just in case there are any technical issues with the refund.
The terms state that, “Participants may only receive Incentive Bonuses from a maximum of 3 different campaigns per year, including Refer-a-Friend campaigns”. If you have already used 3 similar Booking.com credit links in the past year, set up a new account or book using you travel companion’s account.
These Booking.com offers really are excellent. I’d rather they took the discount off first, rather than charging you the full amount and then refunding the discount back to your card later, but I haven’t had any problems yet with the discount always turning up eventually.
- An Incentive Bonus can be earned as follows:
- The Participant clicks on the referral link (the “Incentive Link”) as provided on the Booking.com website, in a Booking.com email promotion or a Booking.com banner or promotion on other websites, and creates an Eligible Reservation through the Booking.com website; and/or
- The Participant leaves or has left a (completed) guest review through the Booking.com website; and/or
- The Participant has downloaded the Booking.com app and creates an Eligible Reservation through the Booking.com website; and/or
- The stay of the Participant as part of the Eligible Reservation is confirmed by the booked accommodation to Booking.com; and
- To obtain the reward as a credit to their credit card, the Participant has, within a reasonable time after the stay, either created a user account and saved a valid credit card in the account settings or provided a valid credit card on the provided digital form. American Express is not currently an accepted credit card.
- Certain Incentive Bonuses may be limited to certain users (e.g. users who have not previously booked with Booking.com) or certain bookings (e.g. specific destinations). Where applicable this will be described in the promotion.
- For certain properties, the reward is given to the Participant at the time of booking. In these cases, the reward value is deducted from the total price of the reservation and the Participant pays the full balance at the time of booking.
- A reservation is considered an “Eligible Reservation” when it has been made by clicking on the Incentive Link and the total cost of the reservation as made via Booking.com (excluding any costs incurred in addition during the stay directly at the accommodation) is greater than the minimum transaction value communicated in the promotion and at minimum two times the value of the Incentive Bonus to be earned by the Participant.
- Booking.com will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Participant per campaign to count for an Incentive Bonus. Participants may only receive Incentive Bonuses from a maximum of 3 different campaigns per year, including Refer-a-Friend campaigns.
- Booking.com will, if it has determined in its sole discretion, that the Participant has complied with and fulfilled the Booking.com Incentive Programme Terms, credit the Participant with the bonus (the “Incentive Bonus”) as described in the invitation to participate in the Booking.com Incentive Programme. The Participants will then receive the Incentive Bonus as a credit to the credit card saved in the user account setting. Booking.com may send an email and/or SMS to the Participant as necessary to remind that the creation of the user account and the storage of a valid credit card is needed to obtain the Incentive Bonus.
- An Incentive Bonus not redeemed within 12 months after its confirmation by Booking.com will automatically expire.
- The Incentive Bonus cannot be transferred, exchanged for any cash or money or sold.
- The Participants will be responsible for any taxes or charges that may be arise due to the earning and payout of the Incentive Bonus.
- The Booking.com Incentive Program can only be used for personal, non commercial purposes.
- The calculation of the Incentive Bonus is an automatic procedure based on the use of the Incentive Links and the creation of Eligible Reservations through the Booking.com online reservation services. Booking.com retains the right to, at its sole discretion, review the compliance with the Booking.com Incentive Programme terms.
- The Participant may only use Incentive Bonuses on their own behalf.