Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
As part of its 10th Birthday celebrations (there was also cake, I’m told…) Norwegian Reward has revealed ’10 top tips’ to help British travellers fly cheaper.
Norwegian’s growth really has been remarkable in the UK over the last few years – in the UK alone there are now more than 1 million members, which is almost 50% more than last year. Norwegian Reward was also voted the best loyalty programme of 2017 at the last edition of the Freddie Awards, which is pretty impressive for a relatively new programme.
Without further ado, here are Norwegian’s top 10 tips to help British consumers avoid paying full fares with Norwegian ever again:
- Join Norwegian Reward for free – It costs nothing to join Norwegian’s loyalty programme at www.norwegianreward.com
- Earn a free flight when booking Premium – Whether you’re flying for business or leisure, you can earn 20% CashPoints on Premium bookings which would be enough for a free short-haul flight to most European destinations. There are significant cost savings to be earned on Norwegian flight bookings which can offer between 2 and 20% CashPoints on all ticket types.
- Get family or friends involved and share your earnings together – Pool your CashPoints with up to seven friends or family into one account by opening a Family Account giving you greater spending power.
- Everyday online shopping can also earn you savings – The Reward eShop is the place to earn CashPoints for online shopping at 1,000 of your favourite retailers in the UK including; Tesco, John Lewis, Argos, Marks and Spencer, Sky, ASOS, Apple and EE.
- Double points on hotel bookings in November to relieve your wallet – Earn double CashPoints on all bookings at Hotels.com on November 18th and 19th with 300,000 hotels to choose from. Or earn up to 1000 CashPoints per night in high quality hotels around the world using Rocketmiles.
- Ditch the cab and earn points on airport transfers – Members can receive great rates on taxi, shuttle bus or train transfers to and from the airport, earning up to 5% CashPoints whatever country you are in.
- Driving to the airport? Simply park your car and save money – Parking your car can earn you up to a generous 18% CashPoints including discounts of up to 25% on airport car parking with APH at 26 major airports across the UK, including Gatwick, Heathrow and Edinburgh.
- Need a more VIP airport experience? Get discounted flights with lounge access – Whether you want access to 400 airport VIP lounges worldwide with Lounge Pass or No 1 Lounges access when departing UK airports, earn up to 8% CashPoints or a set CashPoint earn with an exclusive 15-25% lounge entry discount at No1 Lounges.
- Need a unique travel experience – explore and earn points – Book tours, tickets, attractions, excursions and activities for holidays and earn 5% CashPoints on all tours and activities with GetYourGuide, the premier site for travel activities.
- Prefer your own wheels? Earn CashPoints on car rental too – Choose from 1,000 car rental companies, including Avis, Hertz and Europcar and earn 3- 5% CashPoints in 30,000 locations worldwide.
I’m going to be digging into Norwegian Reward a bit more next week to offer my own take on how to make the programme work for you, but my preliminary research suggests it really can be quite rewarding if used smartly. In particular, the 20% back on Premium Flex fares and the ability to pool Points in a family & friends account can lead to a very solid rebate.