Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Hotel booking site Kaligo is offering double Avios when you make a booking before the end of the year and stay before 30th March 2018.
The standard Avios earning rate with Kaligo is 5-20 Avios per £1, and that’s been doubled to 10-40 Avios per £1 for the duration of the promotion.
As you can see below, the earning rates can be quite high (these are for 1-night stays!):
The thing you have to check though is whether the rates are higher on Kaligo than elsewhere (they usually are), and if so, whether the number of Avios you earn makes paying the higher rate worthwhile. Some deals are good, some are bad, so you really do have to check each time.
In the case of the examples I’ve used here, you can see below that the Marriott Executive Apartments can be booked for £34 less elsewhere, but with Kaligo you would get 11,600 Avios – a deal most Points/Miles collectors would leap at (assuming you definitely wanted to stay at the Marriott Apartments):
The Park Lane Mews Hotel, on the other hand is a much worse deal with Kaligo, as it can be booked for £190 less on other sites, and not many Points/Miles collectors would be happy paying £190 more to get 14,800 Avios.
On the same promo page, Kaligo is also advertising also an additional 25% bonus for British Airways credit card holders:
Oddly, it doesn’t mention the UK British Airways American Express credit cards, but it’s still worth giving it a try I think – just don’t bank on the extra Avios!
You need to be careful and check the prices elsewhere when booking with sites like Kaligo and RocketMiles, but the double Avios offer is worth a quick look next time you’re booking a hotel.
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 or over and is a British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) Member (membership terms and conditions apply).
- By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept these Terms and Conditions.
- To be eligible for this promotion, members must enrol with Kaligo.com at www.kaligo.com/ba-avios-promo using their email address, select British Airways Executive Club Avios as their earning preference when making the necessary advanced reservation.
- All Kaligo.com terms and conditions apply. See full terms and conditions on www.kaligo.com/terms.
- Offer available for new bookings made between Nov 1st, 2017 and Dec 31st, 2017 for stays from Nov 1st, 2017 until the Mar 30th, 2018 (“Promotional Period”). All hotels and rates offered by Kaligo are eligible.
- Double Avios, earning in the same amount as Base Avios is applicable for stays booked and completed at all hotels at any rate.
- Base Avios of 5-20 Avios per £1 GBP spent will be collected for each paid stay during the Promotional Period in addition to the Double Avios benefit, equivalent to up to 30 Avios per US$1 spent with Kaligo during the Promotional Period.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same Participating Property, i.e. from check-in to check-out irrespective of the length of stay.
- Offer may be applied to one standard guest room per stay, Eligible Participant, based on double occupancy during the Promotional Period. There is no maximum on the number of stays per Eligible Participant during the Promotional Period.
- Offer is subject to availability; advanced reservation is required. BAEC membership number must be quoted at the time of booking.
- Reservations can be made online at www.kaligo.com/ba-avios-promo.
- Bookings need to be guaranteed by advance payment.
- Bonus Avios is non-redeemable for cash.
- Bonus Avios is issued subject to BAEC Terms and Conditions http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ec-terms-and-conditions/public/en_gb
- Bonus Avios will be credited to the Eligible Participant’s BAEC account within 10 business days of the stay.
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways or Kaligo offer or promotion.
- The promoters reserve the right to withdraw the promotion or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without any liability to customers for doing so.
- By taking part in this promotion, participants agree to the personal data they supply being used by the Kaligo or its agents or subcontractors to administer this promotion, who will only use the information provided for the purpose of administering the promotion.
- Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- This promotion is provided by Kaligo Pte. Ltd and having its registered office at Science Park Road, #02-01, 117628 Singapore and British Airways Plc having its registered office at Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB (Registered No. 1777777 England). For full Kaligo terms and conditions visit www.kaligo.com/terms.