Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
After a slightly disappointing period of offering 3,000 Membership Rewards points on a £250 Hilton spend, Hilton and Amex have teamed up strongly again to offer their widely appreciated “£50 back on a £250+ Hilton spend”.
It’s currently showing on my Amex Gold charge card, but not my Amex Gold credit card or BA Amex. That said, we’ve already had reports from Twitter that it’s available on a BA Amex, so check all your cards.
Slightly oddly, the terms say that you need to visit hilton.com to book, but then that the offer excludes online payments and is only valid on checkout spend. While that suggests that you can therefore only benefit if you book a (likely more expensive) rate that does not require you to pay until check out, I would be amazed if Amex enforce this. Indeed, even if they do, I would be amazed if it could not be rectified with one simple call to their superb customer services. However, be aware.
The offer expires on 31 January 2018, and full terms are as follows:
- Offer only valid at participating hotels.
- Book, pay at hotel checkout and stay by 31 January 2018.
- Offer excludes online payments and is only valid on checkout spend.
- Visit hilton.com to book.
- This promotion is intended for UK Cardmembers only.
- Offer is only intended for the targeted recipient of this offer.
- Offer only applies to the amount settled in Great British Pound (GBP) on the Card to which the offer is saved, including an American Express Card loaded into a mobile payment wallet.
- Offer does not apply to spend on other Cards you might hold and is not valid for transactions made using third-party payment aggregators.
- Only one £50 statement credit per UK Card.
- A rewarded credit may be reversed if qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled.
- Offer only available to the first 40,000 Cardmembers who save the offer to their Card.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within five days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 31 January 2018.
- Transactions made outside the UK will be subject to the currency exchange rate at the time of purchase which may fluctuate daily. This may impact the overall amount charged to your American Express Card which could result in the spend criteria not being met.
- For full offer Terms and more details about statement credits click here. By saving the offer to your Card, you agree to the offer terms.