Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Singapore Airlines has launched a rather odd little game / competition to celebrate the airline’s 70th Birthday.
You have the opportunity to win small amounts of Miles just for logging in and for playing along. There is also a ‘Grand Prize’, but I’m a bit confused about what that actually is – the website states,
“Collect 70 stars before 24th September 2017 and stand a chance to win the Grand Prize! One lucky contestant gets to win 130,000 KrisFlyer miles.”
but the terms say,
“A total of 3 contestants who managed to achieve all 70 stars will stand to win the grand prize. Each grand prize winner will walk away with 70,000 KrisFlyer miles.”
Anyway, I’m not going to worry too much about the Grand Prize.
I’ve only had chance to try a couple of the games (there are 7) and to be honest they aren’t really my cup of tea, but other might enjoy them of course.
The terms seem to suggest that the competition is only open to Singapore residents, but unless you win a grand prize, I think you’ll be fine! I actually spotted this over on Indian blog LiveFromALounge where Ajay, the writer, has already won 50 Krisflyer Miles.
I can’t quite make my mind up about this one. If the instant win daily prizes are sometimes at least a few hundred Miles and there are lots of them, then it could well be worth a bit of time. The problem is that I can’t find out any details about anything except the Grand Prize – and even that information appears to contradictory…
1. The contest is organised by Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”)
2. Entry to the competition is free (excluding internet charges) and is only open to Singapore residents who are aged 18 years and above at the date of entry into the contest. Employees of SIA, their immediate families, affiliates, subsidiaries, related agencies associated with this campaign are not eligible to participate in the contest. ‘Immediate family’refers to spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, siblings (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the employee or contractor.
3. All contestants taking part in this contest held from 24 July 2017 to 1 October 2017 agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on them.
4. Contestants will stand to win ‘Instant Win’ prizes when they log in and after they play each contest. Prizes include KrisFlyer miles and promo code fares. Each promo code fare is governed by the terms and conditions of the fare as stipulated on singaporeair.com.
5. A total of 3 contestants who managed to achieve all 70 stars will stand to win the grand prize. Each grand prize winner will walk away with 70,000 KrisFlyer miles.
6. KrisFlyer award miles can be used to redeem free trips. Free trips is based on round-trip Economy Class Saver award ticket on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights only. Taxes and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and must be separately paid by the passenger. The KrisFlyer miles will only be valid for 1 year from the date on which it is credited into the KrisFlyer member account of the winner of the KrisFlyer miles, and no extensions will be permitted. The KrisFlyer miles are not negotiable nor transferable, either in part or in full. The KrisFlyer miles must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme.
7. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in all reasonable media publicity as instructed by Singapore Airlines relating to the Prize prior to and after the collection of the Prize.
8. The prizes for this contest are neither exchangeable for cash nor transferable.
9. Prizes will be forfeited if not collected within the time frame stated after the announcement of winners.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Instagram.
12. To the extent that it does not conflict with SIA’s Conditions of Carriage, found at https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/en_UK/global_footer/conditions-carriage.jsp and any other laws that cannot be waived by the agreement of parties, SIA shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including, but not limited to, indirect, consequential loss including death) or costs incurred.
13. The contestant acknowledges that the interest and good reputation of Singapore Airlines is of paramount importance. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to disqualify a contestant from the contest, or to withdraw the prize if it believes the contestant is in breach of its obligations under the rules. The contestant shall not by act or omission, directly or indirectly bring Singapore Airlines into disrepute.
14. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to disqualify any incomplete, improper or late entry without disclosing or providing any reason whatsoever.
15. Singapore Airlines is not responsible for any problems with the network, computer hardware or software or any breakdown or failure that results in the participant’s posts or any other information becoming incomplete, damaged or lost.
16. Singapore Airlines reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the contests with or without prior notice. All decisions made by Singapore Airlines under these rules shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
17. These Terms and Conditions and the contests shall be construed and governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.