Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
The next Qatar Airways ‘Travel Festival’ sale is almost ready to go live! You may be thinking ‘another day, another Qatar sale’, but there really are likely to be some great deals to be had – particularly if you can be flexible.
The sale was due to begin at Midnight Qatar time (9pm UK time), but prices seem to be being loaded in stages, so I thought I’d share a heads-up with the basics for now.
There are 3 overlapping offers, all for bookings made by 16th January 2017:
Global Sale – up to 50% off Economy and Business Class tickets
An extra 15% off for Visa cardholders – just enter the code VISA when booking. I don’t think you need to actually pay with a Visa.
Double Qmiles – you need to login to your account, click on ‘my promotions’ and register.
Travel dates are between 11 January until 15 December 2017, with the following ‘blackout dates’ (travel not allowed): 15 June until 1 July 2017 and 15 August until 10 September 2017.
We’ll need to wait to see if the advertised prices turn out to be accurate, but if they are then there’s going to be some excellent deals, like Business Class Oslo – Bali for £1,415 for two people, so about £700 each
If the 15% Visa discount works too, then that would work out at £600 each, which is pretty amazing!
Prices from the UK look good, but not in that league- you can check them out here.
The Qatar Airways Travel Festival sale promises to be a good one, so keep your eyes peeled for a bargain.
If you can stay up late tonight, there is credible supposition online that the sale prices for Europe should get loaded at about Midnight (no guarantees though!)…
- Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2017.
- Travel period: 11 January until 15 December 2017. All travel must be completed by 15 December 2017.
- Blackout dates (travel not allowed): 15 June until 1 July 2017 and 15 August until 10 September 2017. Additional blackout dates apply in some countries.
- Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights worldwide. , Royal Air Maroc and British Airways codeshare flights, with the following exception:
All itineraries originating to and from Kathmandu and Krabi in Economy and Montreal in Business Class.
- Discount applies to Economy and Business Class return tickets. For flights where Business Class is not operated, First Class is applicable.
- Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class: O, T and Q for Economy, I and R for Business and A for First Class travel intra Middle East^ and Middle East^ to/from Africa.
- Fares displayed in the table above are the lowest adult return prices including taxes, fees, and airport charges; all available fare options and applicable rules will be displayed at the time of booking.
- Service fees may apply for tickets purchased at Qatar Airways sales offices or through travel agents.
- Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
- Cancellations before and after departure are refundable at a fee. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
- Changes are allowed at a fee that varies according to routes and class of service, on top of any fare differences. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
- A no-show fee is applicable on top of any change or cancellation fees. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
- For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply on the entire itinerary.
- Standard child/infant discount apply and may not be applicable for companion and progressive fare discount.
- Standard minimum and maximum stays apply. Please refer to the fare rule at the time of booking
- Other terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
- Different terms and conditions apply for Rentalcars Connect, Booking.com, Visa and Accor offers; please review at the time of booking.
^ Middle East includes Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
- Sale period: 9 – 16 January 2017
- Offer valid for travel from 11th January to 15th December 2017. Blackout dates apply.
- Offer valid on Qatar Airways operated flights for Visa cardholders only.
- Purchases can only be made through www.qatarairways.com by entering the promotional code “VISA” at the time of booking.
- Qatar Airways will not be responsible for any fare differences if customers fail to enter the given promotional code at the time of booking.
- Fares displayed will already include the applicable discounts.
- The Visa additional discount applies to eligible Qatar Airways Travel Festival fares.
- Discount applies to air fare only.
- Discount does not apply to taxes, surcharges and all other standard market surcharges.
- Discount does not apply to companion offers or special offers for 3 and more passengers.
- This promotion can’t be used in conjunction with any other promotion code on qatarairways.com during the Qatar Airways Travel Festival.
- Valid for return fares only.
- Seats are limited and might not be available on all flights.
- A fee may apply for changes and cancellations according to the booking class.
- Minimum and maximum stay is dependent on the booking class.
- Detailed terms and conditions will be displayed at the time of booking.
- This offer is only applicable to Privilege Club Main members.
- To be eligible for this offer, members need to:
-Register for this offer before 16 January 2017 by logging into their account at qmiles.com and selecting this offer from “My Offers” and clicking on the registration link for this offer.
-Register for this offer at least 24 hours prior to travel if their travel date is before 16 January 2017.
-Ensure they quote their Privilege Club number at the time of booking or check-in.
- Members will earn bonus miles over the Base Qmiles earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period. Tier Bonuses, promotional bonus Qmiles and family accrued Qmiles will not be taken into account in the calculation of the offer bonus.
- Bonus Qmiles are calculated based on the combination of Booking Date, Flight Date, Cabin and Fare Family Purchased.
- Offer is applicable only for flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways.
- In case of overlapping campaigns, members will get the highest bonus Qmiles.