Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Hilton hotels have just launched a seven day “flash sale”, offering up to 30% off its properties in the UK, Europe, Middle East & Africa.
The sale ends on Monday 10 October 2016 at 23:59 British Summer Time.
It’s a wide sale, applying to the full Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands in the regions covered, for stays completed between 7 October 2016 and 29 January 29 2017. Technically, the sale rates are only available for weekend* stays, but you will often find certain hotels load the sale rate more widely, so always check.
Importantly, Hilton HHonors members benefit from an additional 5% off, so while non-members will get up to 25% off, it’s up to 30% off for HHonors members. Given that Hilton HHonors is free to join, even if you have a pathological aversion to collecting loyalty points then it makes no sense whatsoever not to sign up and benefit from the additional saving. Under the new definition of literally, you would literally be throwing money away.
The full terms and conditions are available here but, in addition to those flagged above, the key terms are as follows:
- Full prepayment required at the time of booking.
- Rates are not refundable (unless your contract with Hilton is governed by German law, in which case a refund of 10%, of the paid rates may apply upon cancellation).
- Discounts are up to 25% (30% for HHonors members) off the Best Available rate and Best Available Bed & Breakfast rate and vary by property.
So what’s available?
Well it’s a pretty wide sale, so it’s hard to comprehensively indicate where the value is. That will of course depend heavily on your individual preferences and schedule.
However, some “stand-out” offers we saw included:
- Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow at £55 a night
- Hilton Amsterdam at €156 a night (famous for John & Yoko’s ‘Bed-in for Peace’: in my view a concerted drive for Diamond status)
- Rome Cavalieri Waldorf Astoria at €290 a night
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice at €174 a night
- Hilton Paris La Defense at €122 a night
- Hilton Berlin at €97 a night
- Conrad Dubai at AED 541 (£115) a night
- Hilton Abu Dhabi at AED 416 (£89) a night
- Crazy prices throughout Istanbul (and Turkey). The question of course is if you are comfortable going. If it helps, I am. The Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus at around £70 a night is a steal.
Note that to spot the cheapest prices, you may well have to click on the hotel itself and then the “View packages and promotions for this room” link:
*For the purposes of this offer, “weekend” is defined as Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday nights and in Middle East (excluding Turkey, Lebanon, Morocco, Africa) as Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday nights.