Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
My fellow InsideFlyer Ian has been doing a great job helping us all keep track of the latest American Express statement credit offers, but I thought this deal deserved flagging in its own right.
If the offer is attached to one of your cards, you can get £100 back when you spend £500+ at ba.com. My own experience and other anecdotal evidence suggests that it’s only popped up on the British Airways American Express cards so far, which makes sense I suppose.
My card is the free one and I’ve got the offer, but I know for a fact that at least some people with the Premium Plus British Airways (£195 fee) have got the same.
As with all Amex statement credit offers, you need to login into your account and then click to ‘save’ the offer to your card.
You need to book by 24 November 2016, and the rules state that it’s for UK departure flights only. Whether that’s actually true remains to be seen, but to be safe I’d recommend sticking to the rules.
There’s no mention of not getting the credit for money spent paying the taxes/surcharges on British Airways Avios award tickets, so I assume that should be absolutely fine – and takes the sting out of the fees a little. Sadly, it really isn’t too hard to clock up £500 in charges on an award ticket with BA!
- Only one £100 statement credit per UK Card for the first 20,000 Cardmembers to save.
- UK departure flights only.
- Travel insurance purchases are excluded.
- Offer only available when you spend £500 or more at ba.com by 24th November 2016 with the British Airways American Express® Card to which the offer is saved and on transactions made in Great British Pounds (GBP).
- The offer does not apply to spend on other Cards you might hold and on transactions made via payment wallets or payment aggregators including, but not limited to, PayPal.
- An awarded credit can be reversed if qualifying transactions are refunded or cancelled.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within five days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 24th November 2016.
- All travel is subject to British Airways conditions of carriage, subject to availability and standard booking conditions apply, ba.com/theclubterms. For full terms and conditions please click here.