Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
We have previously flagged the Etihad and American Express tie-up, which offers 10% off Etihad flights in Economy, Business and First Class, provided you enter the first 4 numbers of an American Express card prior to booking.
This additional discount was due to expire on 31 July 2016, so the good news is that it has been extended to 31 December 2016.
The discount is widely applicable, valid on all Economy Saver, Economy Value, Economy Freedom, Business Saver, Business Value, Business Freedom and First Freedom fares (excluding those for children/infants). You will clearly see when you book which flights are eligible for the discount, as they will have a yellow star next to them, like this:
As such, your London to Abu Dhabi return fare is discounted by £142:
(I’m not quite sure why this isn’t reduced by £145, but it’s more or less there).
While 10% may seem like a fairly token saving, I have used this offer to good effect on a couple of occasions now and given the sometimes low prices available with the Etihad Guest Saver fares, it really can chip further cash off good value flights. If you’re planning to use Etihad and have an American Express card, I strongly recommend you try it out.
Not an American Express cardholder? The Etihad promo code SKYBLUE will get you 10% off on occasion, or actually sign up for the (free) Etihad Manchester City fan club to be emailed a specific 10% off code.
Full terms and conditions are as follows:
- Offer is only valid on One-way & Return trip fares. The discount would not apply on Multicity destinations/Stopovers.
- American Express Cardmembers can receive up to 10% off when booking a flight with Etihad Airways.
- Cardmembers must book and travel by 31 December 2016.
- Payment must be made with an American Express Card and bookings must be made on etihad.com/amexoffer.
- Flights and fare types are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The discount only applies to flights that are sold by Etihad Airways and operated by Etihad Airways or our codeshare partners.
- Flights eligible for the discount are clearly signalled by a yellow star next to them. Please ensure only flights eligible for the discount are selected when booking.
- The discount only applies to the base fare and not on taxes or additional charges.
- The discount is valid on all Economy Saver, Economy Value, Economy Freedom, Business Saver, Business Value, Business Freedom and First Freedom, excluding child or infant fares.
- From time to time, Economy Class fares categorised as Breaking Deals may be available for sale. – Discount will not apply to these Breaking Deal fares [editor note: from our experience, this actually does not appear to be the case – see graphic above for example], but they will be bookable through etihad.com/amexoffer.
- Changes and cancellations are subject to charges and fees as per published fare rules.
- All changes must be made with Etihad Airways via etihad.com or Etihad Airways call centres.
- Etihad Airways are the promoter and solely responsible for the fulfilment of the offer.