Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
We have previously flagged Lufthansa’s good value monthly “Mileage Bargains” offer, which let’s you redeem your Lufthansa Miles&More loyalty miles at around half the usual rates, and sometimes better than that.
The key value with Lufthansa’s Mileage Bargains is in the Lufthansa Business Class redemptions. While you will have to pay a fairly hefty tax/fee supplement, you will get great value for your miles – making the overall flight cost (in both miles and cash) good value.
For some reason the May options from the UK took a little while to load (seems very un-German), but they are now available in full. You need to book by 31 May and travel between 1 September and 15 October 2016. Notably, there are quite a few UK regional airports to choose from, including Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh and Manchester. In London, both Heathrow and City are options.
Once again, sanction-free Tehran is included!
The full range of long haul Lufthansa Business Class options from the UK this month are:
- Bangalore for 55,000 miles instead of 105,000
- Beijing for 70,000 miles instead of 135,000
- Brussels for 20,000 miles instead of 45,000
- Dallas/Fort Worth for 55,000 miles instead of 105,000
- Delhi for 55,000 miles instead of 105,000
- Mumbai/Bombay for 55,000 miles instead of 105,000
- Orlando for 55,000 miles instead of 105,000
- Qingdao for 70,000 miles instead of 135,000
- Seoul – Incheon for 70,000 miles instead of 135,000
- Shenyang for 70,000 miles instead of 135,000
- Tehran for 40,000 miles instead of 70,000
Lufthansa Business Class is not a bad product at all. While not up there (in my view at least) with the Etihads, Qatars and Singapore Airlines, it’s still pleasant and efficiently run (would you expect anything less?). You can read my full review of it here.
It’s worth noting that there’s also a range of Economy Class flights with Miles&More partner Swiss, offered at an impressive 10K (rather than 30K) miles:
The Swiss options differ slightly in their booking/flying dates. You need to both book and fly from now until 30 June 2016.
As noted above, Mileage Bargains are a great use of your Miles&More miles, given the notoriously heavy taxes Lufthansa imposes on its reward flights: when you’re using half the miles you would otherwise expect to use, these charges do not obliterate the value of the reward ticket.