Virgin Flying Miles Expiry?

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by TTGLOBE4L, Aug 5, 2016.

1. TTGLOBE4L

TTGLOBE4L Member

Does anyone know if the above miles expire? I cannot find anything to suggest they do but have only recently started building points into this programme so have less knowledge of it

2. Adam

Adam Active Member

Q How long are my miles valid for?
    A Your miles will not expire providing that your account remains active. To keep your account active, you need to continue to earn or redeem flying club miles, as each mileage transaction will ensure you a further 36 months of active flying clubmiles.

3. TTGLOBE4L

TTGLOBE4L Member

Thanks Adam. That's great. I'm on it!

4. Misa

Misa New Member

My Virgin miles are due to expire in 2 months, not used them a while used different airlines.
    I was wondering if I can perhaps buy miles for £5 or £10 and extend the validity that way?

5. Adam

Adam Active Member

I've seen VA miles for sale on their site, maybe consider buying something through their estore to gain some shopping points to keep your account alive.

JoeD likes this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Active Member

Virgin trains (West or East Coast) should work - just book a cheap (but eligible!!!) ticket, add your Virgin Flying Club number, and you should get a few Miles.