Using BA Amex Companion Vouche - Can you arrive at one airport and depart from another?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Sdon, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Sdon

Sdon Member

My friend and I are planning to travel SE Asia next year for a month or two. I have just triggered my BA companion voucher and i have enough avios to fly us out F and return J (Lucky friend I know!). As we are only going for a relatively short period of time we are planning to fly to one airport (ie. Bangkok) and fly back from another (ie. Tokyo or Singapore). Or vice vera depending on availability.

Is it possible to use the companion voucher to fly into one airport and out of another? Or must it be the same airport? I have had a look through the CV information and tried using the Avios booking tool on BA without luck. Not sure if I may have to call them to make the booking?

JoeD likes this.
  2. Darren0291

Darren0291 Member

pretty sure you can - give them a call

JoeD and Sdon like this.
  3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yep, give them a call to book those. The only real restriction (apart from getting an agent competent enough to book it for you when you ring) is that the distance between where you land and where you depart from has to be less than the distance of each of your 2 BA flights - obviously the BA flights between Europe and Asia will be further than the distance between any 2 Asian cities, so you should be absolutely fine.

I haven't bothered with BA companion vouchers for a few years now though (perhaps surprising to some), so it's possible things have changed, but unlikely.

(PS. VERY lucky friend btw!!! )

Sdon likes this.
  4. Sdon

Sdon Member

Thanks Joe, I'll give it a go when we looked into the availability. Fingers crossed. I did a similar thing last year for myself with my upgrade voucher via my Lloyds Duo flew to San Fransico and back from Chicago but I booked by calling Avios so in principle it should work.

JoeD likes this.
  5. nikogucci

nikogucci Member

You definitely can. I've done it myself.

Sdon and JoeD like this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Cheers for confirming Niko! - and welcome to InsideFlyer!!

7. Sdon

Sdon Member

Hi Niko, how did you do it? Did you have to call up? Was the agent helpful with it?

8. LottieTiger

LottieTiger New Member

I did it recently, into KL and out of Singapore. I rang up and it was simple to do just time consuming as everything using a call centre. Easy though just make sure you have all your details ready such as the flight number you want and the dates/times.

JoeD and Sdon like this.
  9. AlexBA9719

AlexBA9719 New Member

you can yes, as seen above the distances just can't be greater and of course must be UK start and end

JoeD and Sdon like this.
  10. VinoTYT

VinoTYT Member

only works if you call them