Tesco Clubcard Deals Thread

Discussion in 'Others' started by litefoot, Feb 15, 2016.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Just the two for me but 5k avios is not to be sniffed at!

I'm keeping an eye on the Tesco Direct deals page but I'd be astonished if they make another mistake like this in the near future.

They're currently offering 300 points on sheds... it doesn't really compare does it? :)

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha, not exactly no! I'm definitely in the market for some Clubcard Points, but I don't think stockpiling sheds is the way forward for me this quarter!

3. Adam

Adam Active Member

750 pts on beats OnEar ur beats headphones and 500 pts on beats over ear headphones at present.
    Apart from sheds @ 300 pts there are scooters @ 500 pts and electric bikes @ 1000 pts.
    Nothing of any interest for me..

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

yes nothing that leaps out there really

litefoot likes this.
  5. Adam

Adam Active Member

There are still hp inks @ 100pts, if you have just received a coupon mailing like I did I got £9 off £60 spend so 6 x hp301 @ £10 each minus £9 = £51 for 651 pts, Ebay them or keep to use for your own printer.

litefoot and JoeD like this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Decent deal if you actually need the ink.

litefoot likes this.
  7. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

No clubcard points, but the free Tesco magazine in store has a few coupons of interest.

Scan a coupon at the checkout to be entered into a competition to win a £100 Tesco giftcard.

Six coupons giving you four Health Lottery lines for the price of three.

And a coupon offering £2 off £10 music and DVD spends.

There are some pence money-off coupons but nothing of interest really. I miss the days of getting coupons in the post offering you bonus clubcard points.

On the plus side, Tesco's recent Lego deal was very good and I've netted 3000 points from that. Not to mention the infamous ink blunder!

8. Adam

Adam Active Member

For the lucky few, there were a batch of bonus point coupons issued with the latest clubcard mailing.

We got 9 x 25 pts + double points spend on each account. A glitch I discovered is if you tick all available coupons in your Grocery order section they automatically apply to your order without needing to purchase the products.
    Our next grocery order is rewarding us with nearly 400 cc pts.

litefoot likes this.
  9. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Nice :) I assume they only send the coupons out to regular Tesco shoppers. I don't do most of my shopping there.

I received some Lego in the post yesterday, and to my annoyance it was in thick bubble wrap only, no box. Fortunately the sets look intact. Tesco really needs to send everything in boxes to guarantee safe arrival.

Adam likes this.
  10. Adam

Adam Active Member

There is no method these days to how and why they send out point coupons, this is the first time for us for about a year now.
    The same to be said with direct, I bought 2 x lego and if lucky come in a lovely little cardboard container just right for sealing up and using for dispatch.
    However, in the past they have sent these versions just in a plastic bag with no bubble wrapping?

litefoot likes this.
  11. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

That's poor. Lego boxes sent in a bag and no insulating packaging is unprofessional. I gather John Lewis is doing this nowadays, so I'm steering clear of them - not that they've had any deals recently. I could do click and collect but the nearest store is hours away so it's a non-starter. Also heard bad things about Argos, but luckily I have a store close by so I can just do click and collect. Did that last month and box was in perfect condition.

Tesco needs to add some new bonus points deals. The only one atm is 2000 points for TVs.... which cost between £800 and £4000!

12. Bowiegod

Bowiegod New Member

i really thought tesco direct as well as reducing certain items would be chucking silly clubcard points on lots of items as well since they are closing but I havent seen any, maybe there will be a crash sale shortly also to clear stock.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  13. Adam

Adam Active Member

The best you will get at the moment is triple points on lots of reduced LEGO sets.

14. JakeRB

JakeRB New Member

I do love Lego though.... ;)

15. Adam

Adam Active Member

No bonus point deals around now!

16. elizabrook

elizabrook New Member

Tesco does not seem to be that willing to give extra these days!

17. GreenPr

GreenPr New Member

Any new Avios deals with Tesco in the near future? I just missed the last one:(

18. West

West New Member

Unexpectedly, I got sent a voucher for 750 points in the post because my Tesco savings account bonus period was coming to an end. The points are useful but I don't think they'll influence my decision on what to do at the end of the deal.

Adam likes this.
  19. Hermans

Hermans New Member

Thanks, good deal.

20. Hermans

Hermans New Member

Not in the soon future I am afraid.