Share Tips for 24 Hours in Hong Kong - and Maybe Win a Prize....

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Strategies' started by JoeD, Sep 13, 2018.

1. nikogucci

nikogucci Member

I'm looking forward to your feedback mate.

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Nothing particularly impressive I'm afraid (Holiday Inn Express) - but, it's only 30k IHG Points, which is the best deal (cash or points) I can find for a decent well-located hotel the date we're there. I thought about splurging a load of Hilton Points on the Conrad, but the fact is we'll probably only be in the hotel for about 9 hours (inc sleeping time!) as we'll be out exploring, so it seems a waste to spend a load of money or points unnecessarily.

3. KyleR

KyleR New Member

Yeah, that's a good idea, most of the time you'll be out exploring. Can't fault the location though, slap bang in the middle of Central!

4. Zara

Zara New Member

thanks for tips

5. Iva

Iva New Member

For flights from MAD to HKG I would suggest Qatar Airlines. Great to use your points, with 5* lounges at Doha and Hong Kong.

How can i collect these points? I travel a lot with Qatar Airlines.

6. Imacky

Imacky New Member

If you fly a lot with Qatar, I assume you have a Qatar frequent flyer number ? If so, and it is attached to your bookings, you should already be collecting them !

As Qatar is part of oneworld,you can book Qatar flights using avios on ba.com. If you happen to have AA miles, you can also book using those miles on AA.com. Taxes will likely be significantly less than booking with Avios, although the miles required may be somewhat more.

JoeD likes this.
  7. tiribam

tiribam New Member

Hi guys l'm going to Thailand in March, any info you can share will be much appreciated!

Ta

8. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Hi Tiribam,

Where in Thailand are you heading?

9. Yael

Yael New Member

On our way to New Zealand we stayed for 1 night in HK on our way there, and 2 nights on our way back.
    First night we stayed at the hotel "The Stage", we managed to get a fine price, because we used a booking reward link.
    Hotel staff was super nice, and each room get a handy smartphone so you can travel around in the city with it.
    Because it was our honeymoon we were upgraded to a cute room on the 15th floor.

* Hotel was super easy to get to\from the airport - there's a direct bus, super comfy.

- Within these 24 hours we mainly walked the main road to get around, and took a bus to Sham Shui Po, very busy place, but great experience.

On our way back we stayed two nights in the Indigo Hotel, got the most amazing room we could ever imagine (also included a handy smartphone), though prices were crazy as it was the chinese new year.
    Although the city is packed at this time of year, the fireworks and celebrations are really nice, find some nice rooftop to view the city at night.
    As IHG club members, the best price we got was directly from the IHG website.

Some resturants:
    - Great Thai food @Samsen, fresh and tastey, always busy.
    - Breakfast, we prefered a Danish/Croissantand a coffee, so we ate @Maison Eric Kayser.
    - HK has some cheap Michelin star restuarants - look for them, it's a nice experience, some are in the shopping malls (can't remember the names).

Shopping malls:
    be prepared for a lot of escalators, difficult navigation between floors!
    some escalators take you straight to the 3rd floor and you need to find how you can get to the 2nd floor, which isn't really easy :)

JoeD likes this.
  10. thoray

thoray New Member

good luck