Save money on your monthly mobile spend!

Discussion in 'Discount codes' started by Richard1974, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Richard1974

Richard1974 New Member

Hi,

If your mobile phone is SIM free, unlocked, or out of contract, you might well be able to save a lot of money by switching to giffgaff, including when travelling.

I made the switch to giffgaff a couple of years ago (it was super easy, and you can keep your existing phone number), and haven’t looked back - I can strongly recommend them.

[​IMG]

Here’s a link to their SIM-only plans - you’ll be able to work out if there’s a suitable plan for you and how much you could save:

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans

• A nice feature of giffgaff is the flexibility: you can change your plan each month, so if you’re going to need more or less data in a given month, for example, you can change up or down as required.
    • giffgaff is owned by Telefónica (the owners of O2) and uses the O2 network, so has identical coverage to O2.
    • when travelling abroad, roaming works exactly as you would expect.
    • giffgaff has a very good smartphone app enabling you to check your usage and balance instantly.
    Click here to find out more, order your free SIM, and get £5 free credit

Richard

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 2:31 PM
    JoeD likes this.
  2. UKNoobie

UKNoobie New Member

@Richard1974, apart from the flexibility of managing your data every month - any other benefits to GG? I have friends who seem to always struggle with reception outside London central. Just wondering if it's worth moving from Three to save a few £

3. Richard1974

Richard1974 New Member

Hi UKNoobie,

Good questions. I'm no expert, but I guess whether it's worth switching will vary from person to person, depending on the plan they're on with their current provider: if you're already on a good value plan which suits your needs, there's probably only marginal benefit in switching, so it may well not be worthwhile; but if as a result of inertia you're on an expensive plan and are paying for things you don't need or use, you could probably save a lot by moving to a provider such as GG, or indeed by moving to a different plan with your existing mobile provider, or a plan from one of the many other excellent providers out there.

A few further observations:
    • Working out exactly how many minutes, texts and how much data you use each month will help give you a clearer picture as to whether you're currently over-paying for your needs and whether it might be worth switching or not
    • In terms of customer satisfaction, the 2018 report by the consumer group Which? (summarised in this article in The Guardian) makes for interesting reading.
    Best,
    Richard

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Active Member

I'm trying GG at the moment and have no complaints on coverage so far (leeds area).