Most Useless Individual Accelerate Challenge Item

Discussion in 'IHG Rewards Club' started by GnarlyOldGoatDude, Dec 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Argh that must have been annoying!

Very interested to hear what happens with the second room.

Haha, yeah I wonder how many people try to sneak those rates through (and how many get away with it...)

2. Lionell

Lionell Member Staff Member

I have almost completed my current Accelerate promo. I just need 2 more cheap nights somewhere and make sure to book them through the app. I will have completed all but 1 challenge, which is the 4 night stay (worth 6000 points). In total will get 76k in points.

3. Ian

Ian Active Member

Something went astray with my 2 x 4 night Berlin stays and they never appeared on my IHG statement (despite getting sent the usual post-checkout survey. Spoke to IHG customer care today, and after brief explanation both were added to my account. I got points (elite qualifying) for both rooms, but no qualifying nights for the second room which posted as "overlapping stay".

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yes, I've got rather sick of seeing 'overlapping stay' - sometimes even for simple one room bookings!

5. Ian

Ian Active Member

Interestingly, I also mentioned to IHG customer care that I had not received points for my food and drink spend on my stay. She asked how much it was, and manually added the points to my account. Like a fool, I was honest and told the truth, but without providing any proof I got credit for the spend. Now I wish I'd said it was €440 and not €44 and I'd have hit an accelerate target.:mad:

JoeD likes this.