Lounge Club additional visits charge

Discussion in 'Airports & Lounges' started by Ian, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Active Member

I've just noticed that on a recent visit to the lounge at Boston Terminal C, we got charged £15 for the third person (on top of the two free per year on my wife's new Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card).

I understand that is exactly what the T's and C's say will happen, and it's fine (we certainly drank >£15 worth while we were there), but I've seen several folks talk about never being charged on various blogs and forums.

Maybe others can share their experiences, and we can try to figure out a pattern, if there is one?

2. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

Not that I can comment much on Boston, I couldn't quite figure out whether this is an Amex lounge or a BA/airline one?

3. Ian

Ian Active Member

It's literally called "The Lounge" , and is not a specific Amex or airline lounge. It also serves as the lounge for Aer Lingus (they have staff on the desk) and TAP business class passengers. We were flying in the cheap seats, hence using Lounge Club to gain entry.

4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

I've had both happen before - I seem to remember usually not being charged, but I've had a Plat card for a bit now so my info is old.

5. windsor

windsor New Member

Always charged by £15.

6. Liam

Liam New Member

Same - always been charged

7. Constantine

Constantine New Member

They still do that

8. Nico23

Nico23 New Member

Unfortunately I was recently charged for the extra guest at the Lounge. No luck for me.

9. tomlee80

tomlee80 New Member

I've found they usually charge, as they check your card against their system and can tell. Personally for me the £15 is very reasonable as my girlfriend and I rarely fly more than twice a year. It's nice to have two free entrances for the outbound then we'll pay on our way back if the departure lounge isn't much cop.

10. SibTT

SibTT New Member

They still do that