Is Hilton Diamond Status worth £200?

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by johnbrowell, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Ian

Ian Active Member

I find that AwardWallet picks up my Hilton stays OK, so not sure what the issue is, but it is not systemic. I use the AwardWallet plugin for Chrome which is used for updated some accounts, including Hilton it seems. This captures details of my Hilton bookings almost every time. The other option is to forward your booking confirmation to your AwardWallet email address which is shown at the top of your 'Trips' - [email protected]

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Excellent! - if you don't mind me asking, which Hilton is it? (obviously if you're still staying there and post on here using your real name, it might be prudent to wait until you've checked out - speaking from personal experience, posting 'live' details when travelling can lead to issues. Some people online can be a bit weird - who knew! ;) )

3. johnbrowell

johnbrowell Active Member

Joe, huge apologies as I've just seen your questions. I was at the Hilton Edinburgh Carlton. I was initially given a standard room with no upgrade, and I spent 30 minutes plucking up the courage to go back and politely ask if they had anything. Definitely worth it though. It I read their receipt correctly, I was moved to room 123.

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Cheers for the update!

5. johnbrowell

Update on this, final stay is tonight, and that makes 8 within the 90 day period. So do I have to contact them to confirm things, or will it happen automatically ?

CraigS likes this.
  6. CraigS

CraigS Member

Well done.

You should see the updated status fairly soon after the stay reaches your account.

johnbrowell likes this.
  7. johnbrowell

Just had the email. Got to say I am impressed with their quick service. Diamond til March 2020.

8. johnbrowell

Should have timed my status match better. If I had requested it in Jan 2019 instead of Dec 2018 then I would keep til March 2021 I think.

9. CraigS

CraigS Member

Actually you should chase Hilton as this is a known glitch. You should keep the status through 2020 as well.

johnbrowell and JoeD like this.
  10. johnbrowell

Craig as my Diamond membership is nearing the end, according to my interpretation of their rules, and their replies when I queried it with them, I thought I would come back and ask more about the glitch, just in case I can twist their arm.

I did query it after your original message, by live chat, to be told that they could not do anything to change the March 2020 expiry, arguing that as I had received the Diamond from the December start date, that's when the clock started.
    My hope was that as I was in the status match phase, I had not qualified for it officially until that ended.

Any tips on how to query it again, as I have absolutely loved the Diamond membership ?

11. johnbrowell

And to answer my own question about whether Diamond membership is worth £200, after almost a full year and some wonderful upgrades, and so far 15 free breakfasts, I would say YES.

Recently stayed in Edinburgh and looked out of town due to pricing. The Doubletree Queensferry Crossing has a few amazing suites with great views of the river and bridges, and I got to use 2 of them in 2 separate stays. Rooms 351 and 352 if I remember correctly. First time I was given the upgrade then second time my employer seems to have booked it direct.

And my most recent stay was the Doubletree Edinburgh city centre hotel, on a quiet Sunday night. I asked politely at check-in, knowing the suites were still available on the app, and was given an upgrade to another huge room.

Assuming I don't get to keep Diamond past March 2020, I might just need a mattress run or 2 to qualify for Gold.