Is British Airways now worse than Ryanair?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by JoeD, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Nico23

Nico23 New Member

Commenting on the previous post from arghmeinaugen which provides some valid points about BA and Easy Jet in regards to cost comparison.

For my part, I just used BA this morning for a quick flight from MPX to London. Everything went smoothly (even though the crew was a little late due to traffic jams in Milan) which confirms my good experiences with BA over the past couple of months. Being 6.3ft, I didn't have any problems to fit. Will be using Ryan air next month so will be able to compare both.

2. tomlee80

tomlee80 New Member

I put Ryanair right at the bottom of the pile of my airline experiences and not even in the same ballpark as BA. Whilst a short haul flight to Europe on BA (Spain, Netherlands for me) is nothing to shout home about, I get a distinctly better service on BA and have on more than a few occasions found tickets cheaper than with Easyjet for the dates I'm flying.

3. tiribam

tiribam New Member

BA has become similar to Ryanair when it comes to economy flights

4. ApePat

ApePat New Member

I think the recent changes from BA make things a bit more flexible... There's no way BA is worse than Ryanair...

5. mpricochi

mpricochi New Member

one of the advantages I find when flying BA rather than Ryanair (which I honestly hope not to repeat ever again) is the people flying alongside you. I find the overall manners average to be much lower on Ryanair (personal opinion)

6. bobcat2010

bobcat2010 New Member

Almost as bad! Only benefit is being able to use points!

7. Ben_121

Ben_121 New Member

had a delayed once and missed my next leg flight with british airways but at least you put you in a hotel for free. With ryanair, you probably cant do much except file a claim via EU law