Hilton offering status matches for 2016, including to Diamond!

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by Gagravarr, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Adam

Adam Active Member

Hi,
    I take it they didn't ask for any proof of stays in ihg?

2. Ian

Ian Active Member

They would ask, you have to submit two images, one of your status proof (photo of card, or screenshot of account) and one of evidence of a stay within last 12 months.

I have just submitted a match again from Marriott Rewards to see if my previously matched Hilton Diamond will be extended to March 2018 from current March 2017. Will report back on success or otherwise.

3. Adam

Adam Active Member

Ok, so just proof of one nights stay in an ihg hotel room is sufficient?

4. Ian

Ian Active Member

They'll want proof of status, and a stay within the last 12 months. This is the detail:

"Acceptable forms of status validation include a screenshot of your current account status or your membership card. Acceptable forms of stay validation include a screenshot of your previous reservations or hotel receipt, redacting any personal information other than your name and membership number. We accept .jpg files only. Please do NOT send us any personal information (including your phone number, address, social security number, date of birth, user name, passwords, or credit card information)."

5. Adam

Adam Active Member

THANKS,
    A question I've been meaning to ask, if I got HH gold or Silver using the Accenture trick, book a stay to take advantage of the 5 for 4 offer. If I let gold expire do they honour the free stay nights booked when on gold status?

6. Ian

Ian Active Member

Well, the 5 nights for the (points) price of 4 is a silver and above benefit, so may depend on what you come down to when gold expires.

7. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

The 5 nights for 4 benefit is, per the HHonors ts and cs, "confirmed at time of booking" so it doesn't matter if you then drop to Blue (which, as Ian notes, would be the only tier level where you don't qualify for the benefit when booking).

8. Adam

Adam Active Member

Great, thanks all for your replies.
    I'm pondering over is it worth going for Diamond HH which is a bit of bother as I have no hotel status by using clubcard > VA > IHG plus a nights stay as proof to get Plat > Diamond status match for Rangali as Gold gets free nights, breakfast but you get the chance of a WV upgrade and afternoon tea for Diamond.

9. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Unless you want the IHG Points and status anyway - there's a (probably) better way.

There was a comment a few days ago saying that Hilton are matching SLH 'Loved' status to Diamond, and you can get 'Loved' status for free - article here. If Hilton are enforcing the 1 night rule, you can stay at SLH hotel Leopold in Sheffield (btw I actually highly recommend Sheffield if anyone hasn't been - though I am from Yorkshire and possibly biased..) for about £50.00 some nights.

I'm just putting a post together at the moment about how best to status match to various loyalty programmes, so will have more details in that hopefully, but something to consider.

I think Diamond is worth having over Gold, but not if it involves big expense/hassle. Tom is the resident Hilton expert though and might have more to say on that?

10. Adam

Adam Active Member

Thanks,just signed up. Has anyone tried status match using this route yet with HH?
    Look forward to reading your article as I don't really want to waste 30k clubcard points and a £50 stay at a ihg hotel to get Diamond.

11. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

As I stated in the comments below the Club Carlson article, I have Loved status, and as of yesterday Hilton status matched me to Diamond (which I subsequently used to match to Club Carlson Gold).

How do I tell when it expires? My account page suggests I drop to Blue in 2017.

12. Adam

Adam Active Member

How long does it take to get your card or proof needed that you sent over to Hilton?
    Thanks A

13. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I sent the details through to Hilton on Saturday morning and they upgraded me to Diamond on Monday evening.

14. Adam

Adam Active Member

Did you just send a jPG file copy of your welcome front page loved member details like I have just received via email?
    If it's that easy, this will be amazing.
    Many thanks

15. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Yes, but don't forget proof of stay.

16. Adam

Adam Active Member

Oh, didn't see any mention of proof of one nights stay as definetly required in Toms post. The cheapest I can find near me is hook for £132 a night. Does anyone know of a way of tracking down the cheapest slh rooms in the UK instead of having to manually keep putting in random dates for one Hotel each time.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  17. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

http://www.slh.com/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/

That's a map of the UK hotels. I know the Leopold is the cheapest but you have to search for prices manually, alas.

18. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Hilton time periods for elite status are pretty generous. You get it :
    • for the rest of the calendar year in which you earned it;
    • for all of the subsequent calendar year;
    • until 31 March of the year subsequent to that full calendar year.
    I did a post on this back in my euflyer days, which I will probably freshen up for IFUK sometime soon.

19. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Thanks.

Hopefully mine runs to March 2018 then!

I still can't get over how many hotel statuses I have acquired in next to no time...

20. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

I usually find Sundays (and sometimes mondays and fridays) are best when looking for cheap rates in the uk, if that helps narrow it down at all.

Perhaps you have family or a trusted friend near Sheffield who can check in for you (just add them as an additional guest to the booking and email the hotel to let them know), even better if they actually fancy a free night there (courtesy of you!).