Daily Telegraph: "What's wrong with BA? Everything and nothing"

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by litefoot, Sep 11, 2018.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah, saw that. It's an ok article (the comparison to other European airlines is certainly fair), but I'd argue it's not a case of "everything and nothing being wrong" - it's more that there are quite a few things which are 'wrong' from a passenger pov, but they are unlikely to be fixed. The reason is extremely simple: BA is highly profitable and I can't really see the financial incentive to make big changes (as much as I might like to see them personally).

Club World is the most obvious example. IAG stablemates Iberia and Aer Lingus both now have what I would consider to be competitive Biz Class hard products on most of the routes they fly, and BA doesn't. But, if people are still paying good money for the convenience of flying direct to/from London, despite BA cramming in twice as many seats across, BA would be mad to change that - it's a goldmine!

Richard1974 and Jane15818 like this.
  3. Jane15818

Jane15818 New Member

I need article British airlines - what is perfect:D

4. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

You need what?

5. Sdon

Sdon Member

Fairly written article. In the European market, you get practically get the same hard product and for if in business. However, the long haul hard product needs to be improved rapidly along with the updates in lower cabins. I recently flew in World Traveler Plus to New York and both legs I had out of dates seating/ IFE etc. it was awful the screens are so small and scratched you can barely see a thing. I would have thought that at least on their popular routes new/ retrofitted planes would be used.

I have found both BA ground and flight staff always to do the best the can and as helpful as they can be, it is the facilities and equipment is the let and I can appreciate their frustration not be able to provide the level of service they would want. Their service is superior to my experiences flying on US Airlines, Asian airlines on the other hand because everything runs smoothly because of the great product and equipment the staff have time to focus on passengers. Just my opinion i guess everyone will have their own.

JoeD likes this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yes, as much as I despair whenever having to deal with BA Customer Service - I've almost always found staff in person and particularly cabin crew to be excellent. As you say, often doing a great job in challenging circumstances, having been let down by bad equipment/food/management/whatever.

Sdon likes this.
  7. tomlee80

tomlee80 New Member

I would argue that in the last 5 years BA have often still managed to offer me considerably better value for money on short haul flights compared with booking a budget airliner like Easyjet. I've managed to fly return return to Amsterdam with hold luggage and a two pieces of hand luggage for less than the aforementioned airliner with no hold luggage option. I was a bit miffed when they took the free drinks away from economy. But to be fair I did notice a fair few taking liberties with the service back then. I flew long haul economy to Seattle with them in April and to be honest I was quite happy with the food (Chicken Curry) and the drinks offered.

8. nikogucci

nikogucci Member

Although you got a point, 95% of the time, flight cost wise, budget airlines would be worth going for.

9. Hristian

Hristian New Member

Nice! Thank you!

10. Oarar80

Oarar80 New Member

I've found this too